Sunday, June 2, 2019

Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2019

Hi Everyone - Welcome back to Better When I'm stamping! Hopefully, you have been visiting the blogs on the hop and have arrived at the last one (mine), but if you haven't visited the other blogs, I will be linking to all of them at the end of this post.
For the hop, our task was to use our favorite current Unity stamp set.  I chose "...hugs, kisses and birthday wishes". It's actually the set I earned for my week as a GIU gal.
 I love this set for so many reasons! First, it has a ton of birthday sentiments, which is really nice because I get tired of using the same ones that I have over and over. Second, it's good for guys and girls (and if you are like me, guys cards are harder to figure out than girls) - this set it just depends on how you color it.
Third, I think this set would work great for some paper piecing, too! Plus, it has a sentiment that cracks me up - it's on the second card photo (just a front, not a finished card, but I wanted to show more than one sample of coloring on the owl stamp).
Thanks for looking at my owl cards.  The pink one will go in the mail this week to a friend for her birthday.  Now onto the blog hop, because there are prizes to be won and other blogs to visit (if you didn't start at the beginning).  Remember to comment on each blog to be entered.






DeAnn O'Neill (that's me - be sure to leave a comment here and on each of the blogs)

Thanks for stopping by! - DeAnn


34 comments:

  1. I have that birthday stamp set and I agree the sayings are wonderful. I really like your krafty owl.....my birthday is this week. teeheeeheee
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that you colored the balloons and the special detail of the highlights. Another stamp set I’m going to have to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of stamp sets - love that cute little owl! Your pink card is so pretty, but I had to giggle at the second card front, and the little white highlights make those bright colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are cute cards, but I have to say, the second one won my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very different looks for the same stamp! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink card is my fave, but showing us the kraft version is really neat, too! Just mixing up the papers and color scheme give the same stamp set a whole different look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling work! I have this set and it hasn’t seen ink yet. ThNks for the inspiration, DeAnn...I’m off to create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards! I love the shine on the balloons... is that a lacquer? Thanks for sharing!!😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the variations you have done with this cute stamp

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! I love the shine on the second set of balloons, and the owl is so adorable! Barbie Heydweiller

    ReplyDelete
  11. That owl is darling; I love the way you chose to color it up in pink! ~Cindy Knickerbocker

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those balloons on kraft are colored so pretty and bright! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun and adorable cards!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable cards!!! The second one is so beautiful and bright, it looks like it is shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this adorable owl image! Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I love this owl! Well, I am a birdie addict. haha I love both cards, of course. :-) Love how the white accent on the balloons make them look glossy, esp. the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your owl cards and thanks for reminding us this can make both male and female, young and old cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This set is so cute! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with everyone...cute stamp set! Love the different variations and techniques

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my favorite stamp sets... love how you made the balloons shine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun and adorable cards! Great to see your sample for the guys as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a great stamp set that I don’t own YET. Lol. I love how you’ve shown us a more feminine and masculine example. I struggle with cards for guys because I love to embellish. The owl on kraft pops so much. The vivid colors look awesome. Thanks for the inspiration and enabling of more stamps. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you made the balloons glossy on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job on showing how different the stamp can be with different coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are great! I especially like the pink one. This is one of my favorite stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute card, it's always nice to have fun card ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that cute little owl and the sentiments are a hoot. Lovely cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. One of my favorite sets too! And that owl is adorable. Great job with both cards. Love the colors and designs. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This owl is adorbs!! Thanks so much for sharing with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab sentiments in this set, the owl is so sweet paired with all the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, this little owl is so adorable with his bright balloons! Love the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete