Friday, April 5, 2019

Growing in Unity Day Five: The Favorite

Welcome back for my last day as a GIU Gal for Unity Stamps.  This week has really flown by and I've enjoyed reading all your comments.  As promised, today's card was made using my favorite Unity stamp set "Grey Skies Happy".  I don't suppose it will surprise anyone that it is a Phyllis Harris set - I LOVE all her sets!  I think there are several reasons that this is my favorite set.  The rainy weather theme is perfect for Washington state.  The set reminds me a little bit of one of my favorite childhood books Ramona the Pest, which is probably why I always end up coloring the rain boots red.  I also tend to color the image kind of the way little girls around 3 or 4 like to get dressed - they put on their prettiest items or the ones they like best with no regard to whether they go together or not.
I hope you can read the sentiment.  Photographing that part of the card was tricky.  In case you can't read it - it says "You make me happy when skies are grey".
Thank you so much for stopping by this week and thank you to Unity Stamps for allowing me to participate in Growing In Unity 2019!  Now, you have one more chance to enter to win some Unity Stamps for yourself.  You have until midnight on April 6th to leave a comment to be entered in the contest.  All comments posted after that time will not be entered into the drawing.  So, here's today's question:  What is your favorite Unity stamp and what makes you like it so much?
Thanks so much for stopping by, be sure to check back next week for the names of the winners of the contest! See you soon - DeAnn

14 comments:

  1. This is just precious! Love this stamp and sentiment, your coloring, and design. My favorite stamp with Unity is "you are forever beautiful" because it's one of the most beautiful flower stamps I've come across that I use for all kinds of occasions and can color it so many different ways. Love Unity! Thanks for the inspiration all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! Love the sweet image and your pretty coloring!
    My favorite Unity stamp... Autumn Grunge. Autumn is my favorite and season, and these leaves stamp so beautifully!
    Thanks for a fun GIU week! I've enjoyed all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! So beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card and I love this stamp. It is so adorable! Thank you for a wonderful week of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an 8 year old niece, so I know just what you mean about their dressing habits. She has gotten better, of course. lol Your card is darling. PH sets are all adorable. To pick a fave Unity set is tough as I have lots!! lol Since I'm a birdie addict, I'll pick 'Bird Chirping Weather'. Thanks for an awesome week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I don't have any of these gorgeous sets. I have loved all your examples this week, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh-dorable!! I love this stamp! My favorite Unity stamp is Dream of Being... she was my first and will always be my favorite! I do have a growing list of faves that would be second to Dream of Being! Soul Joy, Flutters to Go, My Kinda Favorite Owl... just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the red boots and the sentiment! Thanks for all the inspiration. My favorite Unity stamp...boy that’s a real tough one! All the cuddlebugs, especially the dragon and unicorn. The mermaid and I have really been using Jolandes stamps a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another sweet card! I've enjoyed your GIU week. Pick a favorite... it would be a tie between Phyllis Harris "Happiness is..." because I've always loved to swing (still do!) and the Lisa Arana "Abundant Blessings" set -- those flowers are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've used one of my favorite PH stamps and I have enjoyed your week of inspiration! My favorite Unity stamp is Slowly Turning Classic as it makes such great guy cards that any guy would love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorbs! I don't have any favorite stamp... just to many to pick from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is precious. I’ve enjoyed you sharing your wonderful cards with us. I think my favorite so far is abundant blessings. Love that it can be used for so many different occasions. Thank you for sharing your talents this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and love your coloring!!! Great week of inspiration. Too hard to pick a favorite stamp from Unity- love so many of them!!!

    ReplyDelete