Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Growing In Unity Day Two: Reminds me of Kansas

Welcome back to Day Two of my Growing In Unity Week.  I loved reading your comments and finding out how long you have been a fan of Unity Stamps.  I found Unity Stamps (or maybe they found me) about 3 or 4 years ago during a blog hop.  I saw the most adorable card and just had to have the stamps!
Today's card is also featuring a Phyllis Harris stamp set, this one is called Face the Sunshine.  I love the sunflowers and the girl's hair blowing in the wind, both of which remind of Kansas.  I grew up in Eastern Kansas about an hour away from the capital, Topeka and even though there are a lot more trees in Eastern Kansas than the open plains of Western Kansas, it's still crazy windy most of the time! When I was going to college, I lived closer to the Kansas/Oklahoma border and there were a few fields that were completely filled with sunflowers!  I loved to drive by those fields and see the sunflowers move their faces to follow the sun!
If you love Phyllis Harris stamps, be sure to check out the sale Unity Stamps is having right now.  They have the Phyllis Harris stamps (and others, too) 50% off!  I don't know when the sale ends, so don't wait too long to check it out!
Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win some Unity stamps for yourself.  Today's question is: What is your favorite flower to stamp and color?  
Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow with a new card! - DeAnn

23 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card! I love how Phyllis Harris captures the wind in many of her drawings. I think my favorite flower to color are roses. I love the petal shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite stamps too. Love your colors and design. Just a darling card. OH I love all the Unity flowers to color, but Iris' are my favorite, but I don't think Unity has one of those yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite flowers to color are chrysanthemums or carnations. Love your colors and use of kraft card stock for this beautiful stamp. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp is lovely, My favourite flowers to colour are orchids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about roses - and that yellow on kraft would be great for a rose. I like the violet too and will have to try that color on kraft for my lilac stamp. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. I have no favorite flowers to color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is lovely with the purples on kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this on the craft card base. Beautiful coloring. Fav flower is probably peonies and of course in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at purple ... and Phyllis Harris. This is beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot to answer your question! Oops. Well, I don't color much myself, so I really don't have a fave to actually color. But I love a lavender rose for it's scent (& the color!).

      Delete
  10. Adorable card. she is a cutie.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is lovely! This is a favorite stamp of mine, too, and one of the first Unity stamps I purchased. As for flowers, my favorite to color would be roses or peonies -- watercolring the various layers of the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card. This was one of the first Unity stamps I purchased also. I love flowers so it's hard to pick just one but probably daisies would be a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. 😊 Love the purple. 💜 Favorite stamp to ink and color are roses. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have to say poppies are my favorite flowers to color. This card is so lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this sweet image!
    My favorite flowers are sweet peas! I don't really have any stamps with their likeness though. Peonies are my next favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pop of lavender against the craft paper. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use all the colors. I love a good color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet card!! I love the colors you chose... Kraft and purple are so pretty! I love to stamp and color all kinds of flowers... daisies, roses, dahlias, sunflowers, etc. I can’t pick a favorite. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh happy spring! You can feel the gentle breeze. I think my favorite would be a rose...so many layers can really be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your coloring on Kraft!!! Just beautiful!!! Wonderful card! I love coloring all flowers!

    ReplyDelete